Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Spring Cleaning

So I've decided that I need to do some revamping of my apartment. Yes I know I might only be there another 5 months but still, I need a change. So, thus far I have sold my couch, and got a new (old) one. My plan is to rearrange my living room so not everything is at that 3 ft "hip height". Right now everything I have is the same height, it is very annoying.





So here is my plan, remove one of my bookshelves and use it in the bathroom as a towel holder, for now anyway. Purchase a tall, open bookcase (on a side note I fount one at target that is almost as tall as I am and only $80). I'm keeping my color coded books, but on a larger scale.





See, my problem is that I love arty, crazy things. I like to collect random bit of things that I think are fun, weird, old or just generally grab my eye. AKA I have a lot of random crap. Right now, said crap is all over the place. So my idea was to buy a curio cabinet and put it in there so that It was still displayable but not all over the place. My only problem was that all of the ones on CL were about $200, if not more. Then yesterday I wander into the CCA and *bam* I find my curio. It was locked, they had no key, and the top piece is off. My uncle assured me that he could get in any lock (kinda weird...) and it was only $40 so I got it. Here is said curio.




I also need to declutter and organize my bedroom. If I would just do this then maybe my mind wouldn't always be thinking about it?!?!

At least I got a good weekend with Amber and Allie down in Galveston before I tackle this!

2 comments:

Binkzerella said...

I'll try and help as much as i can. you helped me a lot!

Allie said...

LOL I need to go through my whole house and declutter! Good bye junk! Its so time! I will feel so much better I think once its done... On the plus side The hamiltons are having a garage sale so anything I want to get rid of I can sell! Wahoo!